Thursday, June 23, 2011

Anyway!



Anyway! -By Mother Theresa



People are often unreasonable, illogical and self centred;
Forgive them anyway.


If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.


If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies;
Succeed anyway.


If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.


What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight;
Build anyway.


If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.


The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.


Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you've got anyway.


You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and your God;
It was never between you and them anyway.

--------------------------------------------------------------
This poem was reported to have been inscribed on the wall of Mother Teresa's children's home in Calcutta, and thus attributed to her. However, an article in the New York Times (March 8, 2002) has reported that the original version of this poem was actually written by a certain Dr. Kent M. Keith.


I cant remember how many times I have received this poem in my email and how many times I've ignored it when I was asked to forward it. I don't believe in blind-forwarding, that's just a truck load of crap. But the kind of mood I am in right now & the confused stage in life that I'm going through right now I felt this poem was perfect. Doesn't matter who wrote it, I sincerely hope the words in them change your life... for the good. It may not change your life the next minute or day you read & follow it.
Read it anyway!


2 comments:

crayola said...

Thanks Li'l Bug for posting this one... I'd not known of it. I'd heard something similar to it (no doubt taken from it) in a pop song but it's nice to know the original and as is the norm the original is once again the better version. I agree about blind forwarding ;) but this post is for those who come seeking and as one of those who does....thanks <3

Aakaash Nair said...

Thank you :)